DIY web is a good option, but do you have the time to tinker with it?
Everyone keeps saying it is “easy“, but how to you start?
Starting is the hard and risky part…Once you are up with the right solution, it really becomes a walk in the park.
Let’s make a checklist and source components together.
You will find that with a bit of help, the process is more pleasant and much faster.
What do you need?
- Two hours of quality time for a planning meeting.
- Less than 1,000 dollars to build it.
- Less than 200 per annum to run it.
- Two hours of quality time for a training meeting.
- About a week lead time from go to wow.
How does that happen?
- We have a free consultation and you tell me about your business.
To arrive here, you decided that this type of website is right for you.
- We have a planning meeting
We choose a theme and the customisations you need.
We build a list of these things.
We split the work, the tech bits for me, the business bits for you.
- Then we go our own ways for a few days for an implementation phase during which,
- I will organise the technical bits
I will also prime the website.
- You will collect the initial content
Mostly text, images and information bits.
- We have a launch and training meeting
Then you will need another two hours with me for launch and training meeting.
At that time, we will update your website together.
What do you get?
You will have a website that represents you well
But more importantly you will also feel really good about,
- A great sense of control over it.
- Your understanding what is in it
- Your understanding of why it is this way
- Your ability to modify its content.
- The fact that you can ask for help if need be.
As you maintain your site, you may at times feel you want more presentation tricks.
You may then call to see how pages can be edited in HTML (we can teach you or do it for you) .
Or you may want to upgrade to Dynamic Web
to add really neat components that react to the user’s interactions. Accordions, neat folding panels, nicer slider shows…There is really a lot you can do to spice up your site.